Instructions for installing SimplyTheBest.Tv DualPlayer app onto a firestick.
- If your firestick is brand new, connect it and follow the prompts to set it up normally with your amazon account. If you already have and use a firestick, procced to #2
- On your home screen, navigate to the top and to the left where you see the icon of the magnifying glass. Open that, and type in “downloader”. It is a large orange icon. Download and install that app.
- Click the home button, go to “my apps” and launch the downloader app.
- In the URL box, type the following: ezcom.us/dualplayer.apk and then click “go”
- Once the file downloads, you MAY get an error message about “apps from unknown sources”. If you get that error, then go back to the home screen. Go up to the very top and to the right until you highlight “my fire tv” and select it. Next select “developer options”. Then turn on the “apps from unknown sources” option
- Go back to your home screen and select the “downloader” orange icon again. On the left menu select “files” then on the right click on “dualplayer.apk” to install the app.
- Once the app is installed, launch it.
- Since this is a new installation, we will need to add a user/service to it.
- Click on a ADD NEW USER button in the middle and enter your login details for the LiveTV service.
- ANY NAME can literally be, any name but we suggest you enter either LiveTV or VOD depending on the service you’re adding so later on you can easily distinguish one service from another.
- Your user credentials (username and password) for both services were emailed to you when the services were started.
- If you get the error saying the account is expired, it means that you have not entered your credentials correctly. Please remember letters are case sensitive and watch for "special characters".
- When you’re done entering your information, click on the ADD USER button.
- Hopefully, you followed these instructions so far without any issues and you’ve now successfully added a LiveTV service to the App.
- Since we added a LiveTV service, click on the DOWNLOAD button for LIVETV to download a list of channels. This may take a few moments.
- When its done, selecting a LIVE TV button would start the service. Movies and Series are part of the VOD service so let’s now add a user for that. Click on the LIST USERS button, in the top right corner
- Following by the ADD USER button, in the same place
- Procedure for setting up the VOD service is exactly the same as for the LiveTV but this time enter your VOD user details:
- When you’re done entering your information, click on ADD USER button.
- Again, hopefully, no issues occurred and you’ve now successfully added a VOD service to the App.
- Since this is now a VOD service, click on the DOWNLOAD buttons for MOVIES and SERIES to download the entire index. This may take a few moments.
Few notes to be aware of
You can only be logged in with one user/service at a time. To switch to a different service, click on the LIST USERS button and select the service/user you want.
While you’re logged in with your VOD user, you can’t use the LiveTV service. You would have to switch to it before the button on the homepage would work.
If you encounter any problems during your installation or configuration or have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.